FILE TRANSFER INFORMATION
Please note that a user name and password is required for file transfer. If you do not have this information, contact your Customer Service Representative for prompt assistance before proceeding.
If you are a new user, please follow these instructions:
If using a Macintosh, please note that a file transfer utility program (like Fetch) is required to transfer your files. Follow the instructions of your transfer utility program to browse your directories and to select the necessary files.
- Have your password and user name available.
- Ensure that your files are ready to send, and that they include identification by company name, contact person and number, book title and author, and a description of included content. Separate the files for the text from components such as bookjackets, covers, inserts and preprints.
- Click on the FTP link.
- If you do not get a log-in window, go to the File pulldown menu and select Login As. Key in your user name and password to start the process, and then press Login.
If using a PC, please follow these steps to transfer files:
- Select the appropriate book files. You may browse repeatedly until all of the appropriate files have been selected.
- Select any additional files for components, or if you have a separate file with general job information.
- Drag and drop the appropriate book files or folders into the window.
- Compression software (such as WinZip) can be used.